Thursday, December 27, 2007

Hannah

I went this morning to visit my dear friend Hannah. Over the past few months, I have shared several times about Hannah’s resilient spirit. In the midst of great suffering and pain, she encouraged me time and again with her love and faith. This morning, as I approached her home, I received the news that she had just passed away. I heard the cries of mourners and watched as a community gathered to support a family in their loss. Hannah was a wife, mother, grandmother, friend, and teacher to all of what it means to know and love God. Her body had been destroyed by disease but her spirit, even until her death, was full of trust in her God.



In a recent visit, Hannah and I discussed that Jesus was preparing a place for us in Heaven where there would be no more tears, pain or death. I told her that if she reached Heaven first to go and greet our Father for me, and she assured me that she would. Again, as she had done before, she looked at me with compassion and told me not to worry. She said that God was taking care of us.



On behalf of Hannah’s family, I say thank you for the prayers you have prayed. They were heard and answered. I have no doubt she is resting sweetly with our Lord. But for those of us who are left behind, especially for Hannah’s family, there is a great void. Please continue to pray for God’s peace and comfort to overflow.

No comments: